Galaxy Note N7000 users can now enjoy the latest KitKat features in a fast and highly-stable release, thanks to the release of Android 4.4.4 based C-RoM build 7.1 by the industrious C-RoM developers.
The C-RoM build 7.1 custom ROM is based on the latest AOSP release. It brings tons of new features with butter smooth interface on the latest KitKat firmware.
Android 4.4.4 C-RoM Build 7.1 Features
Here is a quick list of the main features ported to the latest Android 4.4.4 C-RoM firmware:
- App Bar
- Dark C-RoM
- Active Display
- Floating Windows
- Gesture Anywhere
- On-The-Go Mode
- Animation Controls
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Implement App Sidebar
Interested Galaxy Note N7000 users can go ahead and install the C-RoM firmware on their phones by following our step-by-step guide provided below.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The C-RoM custom ROM and the instructions given in this guide are meant for the Galaxy Note N7000 model only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up data and settings using a recommended custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup.
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download Galaxy Note N7000 USB drivers).
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on the phone, by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (NOTE: Tap the phone's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings.) Then select the checkbox to enable USB debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM.
- Ensure the device is unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and rooted with latest ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery (v22.214.171.124 or above) installed. If you are installing the CWM recovery for the first time, check out the video tutorial below, courtesy of The Android Soul:
- If the device is stuck at booting or experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Note N7000 via C-RoM Custom ROM
Step 1 - Download Android 4.4.4 C-RoM custom ROM for Galaxy Note on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded C-RoM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Now boot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters into CWM Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select an option in the Recovery Mode.
Step 7 - Then, perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes.
Step 8 - Now perform Wipe Dalvik Cache as well. To do this, go to 'advanced' option and then click Wipe Dalvik Cache. This will help in preventing boot loop issues or any boot ROM related errors during firmware installation.
Step 9 - Then return to the main recovery menu and choose Install Zip from SD card.
Step 10 - Now click Choose Zip from SD card. Use volume keys to navigate to the C-RoM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping thePower button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
Step 11 - Once the ROM installation completes, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot and the first boot may take about five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your Galaxy Note N7000 is now running the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat via C-RoM custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.