Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users having subscribed to T-Mobile's wireless network service in the US can check their handsets for the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update, which has been officially listed for roll-out in the near future.
According to a T-Mobile official listing, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users would soon receive the Android 5.0 OS update.
T-Mobile-driven Galaxy Note 4 users can check their devices for newer OTA notifications that could represent Android 5.0. Do let us know in our comments section below when you receive the update.
Earlier, T-Mobile had confirmed the roll-out of the Android 5.0 upgrade to users of LG G3 and LG G2, having subscribed to its services in the US, hence even these users can check their smartphones for OTA notifications.
T-Mobile's Galaxy Note 4 currently runs the Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) operating platform out of the box.
What's new with Android Lollipop?
- Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with material design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by material design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Smart Lock: Secure smartphone by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Activation of 'OK Google' voice command: With OK Google, it is possible to issue voice commands to Galaxy S4 smartphones.
- Battery saving features: Indicates remaining time left to charge.
How to search for Android 5.0 OS update, from T-Mobile-driven Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones?
Android 5.0 OS update will be available automatically via OTA, but users can follow the setps mentioned below to search for the update manually:
- From the home screen of your devices, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates
- Select Download Now
- When download is complete, a screen will appear informing you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Select Install Now
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear indicating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.