If you are a user of Lenovo's high-end Vibe X2 smartphone, do check your handset for new over-the-air (OTA) notifications representing Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Google's comparatively new OS update was earlier supposed to start rolling out from 27 May, but the rollout was apparently delayed due to unknown issues.
Now, as per a GSMArena report, the much anticipated rollout has begun from Lenovo Vibe X2 users in Asia. So, users of Lenovo's high-ender, residing in both Asia as well as in other countries of the world, can check their handsets for Android Lollipop OS update.
Once on an active rollout path, Google's Lollipop OS update generally does not take long to reach countries such as the UK, US, India and Australia.
According to the GSMArena report, Lenovo's Vibe X2 users can check out for Android Lollipop OS update, in the form of a bulky 1.1GB-sized file.
Lenovo Vibe X2 users can also notify us (in our comments section below) as and when they receive the Android Lollipop OS update.
Apart from enhancing the overall operating system, Lenovo Vibe X2 users can check the following newer technical aspects post installation of the update:
- Material design: A whole new colourful look and feel - from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colours and widgets.
- Notification UI: Notifications will appear on the lock screen and are intelligently ranked by type and who sent them.
- New Advanced ART runtime: ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness, and adds a smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications. The advanced ART is also known to compact background applications/services to allow comparatively better multitasking.
- Recent apps: Redesigned Overview space includes both applications and separate activities within those applications.
- Flashlight: Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick Settings.
- New battery saver mode: The Battery settings panel now shows an estimated projection for how much time is left while discharging or charging. Users can also enable a new battery saver mode that will save power by reducing performance and most background data operations to extend battery life.
- Pin a view/application: Screen pinning allows users to keep a specific app or screen in view.
Before the above rollout, Lenovo Vibe X2 smartphones ran the now outdated Android KitKat operating platform.
Early last month, Android Lollipop rolled out to Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro users in India, before expanding to the US and UK.