The Asus Transformer Pad, Transformer Pad Prime and Transformer Pad Infinity are expected to receive the Jelly Bean update in the “coming months”.
Owners of Asus Transformer Prime can get a taste of CyanogenMod 10 based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, thanks to the efforts of XDA Recognised Developer rayman. The developer on the XDA forum claims "CM10 has been progressing at blazing speeds" and that it was the time to implement it on Transformer Prime. "It's still early and CM10 has a good way to go, but it's certainly usable! Note that this tree is what will become the official CM10 for Transformer Prime," explains rayman on XDA forum. The things that are working include wi-fi, Bluetooth, sound, camera (photos+ recording+ panorama), video acceleration, basic dock functionality, 3D games and sensors. But, however a couple of things that do not work are Global Positioning System (GPS) and light sensor.
Check out the steps below to install CM10 on Asus Transformer Prime, courtesy of The Android Soul.
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: Please keep in mind that the below guide is compatible only with Asus Transformer Prime. To manually check your device's version proceed to Settings > About phone under Pad EC version. You can try the method only if the device carries TF201 model, else do not try the method.
This method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Please keep in mind the boot loader on your device has to be unlocked. To download the Unlock Device App visit the ASUS Support page and select Android from the OS drop-down menu. IBTimes UK advises users that this procedure will void your warranty and erase data on the device's SD card. We recommend you to make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
- Download ROM from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Download Google Apps package from the official thread on xda-developers.
- Copy downloaded files from step 2 and step 3 to the device's internal SDcard.
- Turn off the device and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Keep holding until you see a message of white text on the screen. Press Volume button within five seconds to enter CWM recovery. To scroll use the Volume buttons.
- Make a Nandroid Backup of you existing ROM. To make the backup, go to Backup and Restore > select Backup on the next screen. Now, go back to main recovery menu after completing the backup.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm.
- After the process, choose Install Zip option from SDcard. Then select Choose Zip from SD card and select ROM file.
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After installing ROM, select choose Zip from DS card again and choose gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip file in order to insall Google Apps package.
- After the installation, go back to main recovery menu and choose reboot system now in order to reboot the device and boot into CM10.
You have now installed CM10, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Asus Transformer Prime.
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader