Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Gets Its First Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean ROM
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 finally gets its due with the release of its first AOKP ROM based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The Galaxy smartphone is not yet officially listed in the supported devices list for AOKP.
Although this AOKP ROM is an unofficial release, it still ports a stable build with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for Galaxy Note 2. The installation of this ROM requires your phone to be rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it.
- The AOKP ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 device to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers and ensure that ADB is configured on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the option USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the AOKP ROM on your Galaxy Note 2.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted. Also, make sure that CWM Recovery is installed on your device before proceeding with the ROM installation steps.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the AOKP ROM based Android 4.1.2 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install AOKP ROM Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 2 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Note 2 USB mass storage on your computer using an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded AOKP ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and unplug its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Boot into CWM Recovery Mode using ADB. To do so, navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open command prompt (press Shift and then right-click anywhere in the folder > choose command prompt). Finally, enter the command: adb reboot recovery at the command prompt and press Enter. Your Galaxy Note 2 will then power off and reboot into the CWM Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - In CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then browse and highlight flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click choose zip from sd card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to browse to the AOKP ROM zip file that you copied to your phone's SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by tapping Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader