Install CM10 Final Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S I9000
The Galaxy S I9000 gets its latest Jelly Bean update, Android 4.1.2, through CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Final ROM release. The ROM based on AOSP custom ROM brings stock Android experience to the user, along with a number of exciting new features and system tweaks. The installation of this ROM requires ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to be pre-installed on the phone.
Key Points to Note
- The CM10 Final ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable only to the international variant Galaxy S I9000 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Do a Dalvik Cache wipe before continuing from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing the Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean ROM, as it is a custom ROM release.
- The ROM is not an official firmware update, but rather a custom ROM based on AOSP release of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purposes only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android 4.1.2 CM10 firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the CM10 Final ROM release.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up their apps, important personal data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 firmware update.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it before proceeding with the ROM installation instructions.
How to Install CM10 Final Based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S I9000
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S I9000 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy S USB mass storage on your computer using an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and unplug its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the phone boots into CWM Recovery mode.
Step 6 - In CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to browse to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your phone's SD card, and select it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat the same step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and choose Reboot System Now from the recovery menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Your Galaxy S I9000 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader