Galaxy S2 I9100 joins the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean party following its successor, Galaxy S3 I9300, which made its entry a bit earlier. The Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ firmware is not an official release via Samsung KIES, but rather a leaked official test firmware and hence needs to be installed using ODIN.
Galaxy S2 I9100 XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 New Features
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- New TouchWiz Nature UX (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- Samsung's Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Firmware Details
Android Version: 4.1.2 - JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Build Date: 6th November 2012
Key Points to Note
- The Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ firmware and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the international version Galaxy S2 I9100 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the XXLSJ firmware update.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked before proceeding with the XXLSJ firmware installation procedure.
- As this is a leaked official Android 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100, you will lose root access soon after installing the update. You need to root your phone once again to regain full system access, and be able to reinstall root based apps on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the XXLSJ firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ Jelly Bean Leaked Official Firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 I9100XXLSJ firmware for Galaxy S2 on your computer and extract the zip file to the desktop.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, Press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button until you see the construction Android robot icon with a triangle. Hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - In case your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming.
Step 6 - Choose the files to be flashed or installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the PDA button and choose the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the Phone button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit the CSC button and choose the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
- Click the PIT button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 8 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. In case of the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you chose a .pit file in the previous step.
Step 9 - Click the Start button in ODIN and the ROM installation process will begin. It may take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - Once the ROM is installed, your phone will reboot. When you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXLSJ firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
Check out our step-by-step guide to root your Galaxy S2 I9100 on Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ leaked official firmware, which is posted here.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader