Galaxy S3 I9300 Gets Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Apps with Jellybam ROM
Galaxy S3 I9300 users can now enjoy the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean apps on their phones with the release of Android 4.1.2 Jellybam ROM. The new Jelly Bean ROM brings a host of exciting apps based on the leaked Android 4.2 UI (user interface) that surfaced ahead of the launch of Nexus 4.
The ROM is a custom release for Galaxy S3 that ports all the latest apps for Jelly Bean, while discerning users still await an official stock release of Android 4.2 firmware from Samsung. Samsung smartphone fans are in for a double treat, as the Galaxy S3's predecessor - the Galaxy S2 I9100 - received the Android 4.2 apps package via the same custom ROM a few days ago.
Android 4.1.2 Jellybam ROM with Android 4.2 Apps Features:
- Built from source
- Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID
- Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences
- Tons of customisations
- Themes and Mods in JellyBam style
- Latest CM10/AOKP vsync patched Kernel
- Latest Siyah kernel
- Google apps from android 4.2
- New Malidriver
- Exynos HWComposer
- Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets
- New optimus 4x circle lockscreen
- Ability to customise color and alpha of the optimus lockscreen
- Gallery, Camera and KeyBoard from 4.2
- Clock from Android 4.2
- Google play music from Android 4.2
- Sony Walkman music player
- Bravia Engine libraries
- Bravia XLoud audio libraries
- Paranoid Android settings
- Per-App-DPI Changer
- Custom home action and hardware button in lockscreen
- Quick/Long click on weather and clock actions
- JellyBam Panel in settings app
- Mass storage mode
- OTA Update via UpdateMe App
- You can keep your ROM up to date with latest Tweaks, Mods, Themes via UpdateMe app
- GAPPS included, no need to flash anything else
- Gallery support Picasa share
- Apollo Music Player (Themed)
- Album app from Sony Xperia
- Quick SMS
- AwesomBeats Lib
- A good combination of stability and performance (Thanks Siyah Kernel + Personal mod)
- Bluetooth hacked for send/receive APK
- YouTube hacked with 3G+WiFiHD 720p PlayBack
- Init.d scripts
- JellyBOOM script
- Media quality tweak
- 3G and GPS Tweak
- RAM Optimization +Multitasking
- SmoothScrolling tweak
- V6 Supercharger included
- lot of Themes available in UpdateMe
- TouchWiz 5 Launcher
- Apex and Launcher Home
- AC!D Technology (Thanks to r-ikfoot)
- *Beats Audio by Dr Dre*(Powerful bass)
- Clearbass Sound by Sony*(Clear Bass)
- Xloud by SonyEricsson*(higher sound volume and clearer sound on speaker)
- Dolby Digital Sound*(Equalizer enhancer bass setting and Surround setting)
- Surround Sound*(Deeper bass and reduction of bass distortion plus Eq setting support)
- JellyBam custom Bootanimation
- Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock
- Volume Panel (Volume Rocker allows you to change ALL volume levels in one Menu)
- Lockscreen Weather
- Lockscreen Vibration on/off toggle
- Performance/Color Settings
- Brightness Control Slider
- JellyBam Style
Key Points to Note
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Ensure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the Android 4.1.2 Jellybam ROM.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important personal data and settings to avoid risk of data loss while installing the Android 4.2 apps package with Jellybam ROM on your Galaxy S3 I9300. Be advised, Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing the Jellybam ROM, as it is a custom ROM firmware update, and hence it is recommended that you back up your data manually using the steps in this guide rather than using the KIES' automatic backup.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) pre-installed on it.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before continuing from the recovery mode.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the Android firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Apps with Jellybam ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bam ROM with Android 4.2 Apps Package and Google Apps for Galaxy S3 I9300 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB mass storage on your computer with an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps files to the root folder on your SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and disconnect its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the phone boots into CWM Recovery Mode.
Step 6 - In CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to flash zip from SD card option and hit the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click "choose zip from sd card".
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your phone's SD card and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat the step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Your Galaxy S3 I9300 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Android 4.2 Apps custom installed on your phone. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader