Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA on Galaxy S3 I9305 with Official XXBLL3 ROM
Galaxy S3 I9305 (aka Galaxy S3 LTE) users in Austria can now relish the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Over-The-Air (OTA) update via Samsung KIES, as the handset maker rolled out the official XXBLL3 ROM for the premium smartphone. The ROM not only ports advanced Jelly Bean features such as multi-view and multi-task functions, but also offers superior Android experience with the latest Jelly Bean software onboard.
Galaxy S3 I9305 users, who cannot access the official OTA update over KIES or those outside Austria, can now manually download and install the same using this guide. The latest Jelly Bean firmware brings a plethora of intuitive features for the Galaxy S3, which is listed below:
- Android 4.1.2 - JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App
Android 4.1.2 XXBLL3 Jelly Bean Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Key Points to Note
- The official XXBLL3 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy S3 I9305 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings (including bookmarks, contacts, SMS, MMS, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA update on Galaxy S3 I9305.
- Access to custom ROMs such as CM10, Paranoid or AOKP will be lost after installing the official XXBLL3 ROM and the custom ROM will be replaced by the official stock ROM.
- Access to custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) or TWRP recovery will be lost after firmware installation, as it will be replaced by stock recovery.
- You will lose root access to the device soon after installing the XXBLL3 ROM. You will need to root the device again in order to install root-based third-party apps and custom ROMs in the future.
- As this is an official firmware released by Samsung, it will not increase the binary flash counter.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device or issues arising out of installing the official XXBLL3 ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy S3 I9305 on the computer (download USB drivers)
- Ensure that your device's battery has at least 80 percent charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OTA on the Galaxy S3 I9305.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
Download Android 4.1.2 XXBLL3 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S3 I9305
Download Odin 3.07
How to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 I9305 with Official XXBLL3 ROM
1. Extract XXBLL3 ROM zip file that you downloaded earlier to a folder on your phone's SD card, you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your phone and wait for the vibration (about 5 to 6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown.
4. Boot the Galaxy S3 I9305 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until Samsung Galaxy logo appears on screen. Wait for a few seconds and your phone will enter download mode.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the process successfully.
6. Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer with original USB cable. A message reading "Added!!" will be displayed in Odin's message box at the bottom-left. If you fail to get the message, retry with another USB port (preferably a rear USB port on your computer). If all else fails just reinstall the USB drivers for your phone on the computer. When you get the "Added!!" message in Odin, you are all set to proceed with the next step. At this point, you will also see a COM port with a number coded in Yellow, if you successfully added your device.
7. Choose the following files from I9305XXBLL3 folder [see Step 1] in Odin using respective command buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and choose the .tar file named 'code'
- Tap the Phone Button, and choose file named 'modem'. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Hit the CSC Button, and choose file named 'CSC'. Ignore if such file is missing.
- Click the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file. The file should be present among the extracted files in step 1, otherwise just ignore it.
8. In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the checkboxes. Also, ensure that Re-Partition option is checked only if you are using the .pit file from previous step.
9. Verify if both Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly. Then, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the ROM is completely flashed, you will get a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Now, the phone will automatically reboot and the Samsung logo pops-up on screen. At this point, just disconnect the phone's USB cable from computer.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based official XXBLL3 ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S3. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
NOTE: If Galaxy S3 I9305 gets stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then boot into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset. Then hit Reboot System Now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate and Power key to select the option.
Also, check out our step-by-step guide to Root Galaxy S3 I9305 on Official Android 4.1.2 XXBLL3 Jelly Bean Firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader