Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXELL1 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users in Spain can now enjoy the latest official Jelly Bean update with the due release of XXELL1 Android 4.1.2 firmware. The official firmware ports the latest premium-feature-pack comprising multi-view, enhanced gallery app, paper artist and multitask functionality alongside a few other exquisite features.
Spanish users can download and install the firmware either through regular Over-The-Air (OTA) update or via Samsung KIES. However, users who are outside Spain or those unable to access the update over official channels, can now download and install the same manually using this guide. The installation of this firmware requires the use of flash tool such as ODIN.
Key Features of Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 Official Firmware
- Supports Android 4.1.2 - JZO54K baseband firmware
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customised)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App
Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 Firmware Details
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy S3 I9300 model only. It will not work with any other device or model. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss while flashing the Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 official firmware on it.
- Verify that your phone has at least 80 percent battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Ensure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy S3 on the computer (download USB drivers)
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on your phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > development
- Access to installed custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod 10 (CM10), Paranoid Android or AOKP will be lost after flashing the XXELL1 official firmware.
- You will lose access to custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) or TWRP Recovery soon after installing the official firmware and the custom recovery will be substituted by stock recovery.
- You will no longer have root access on the device after installing this firmware. Your device needs to be rooted again before installing third-party root-based apps or custom ROMs in the future.
- As the XXELL1 firmware is officially released by Samsung, it will not increase the binary flash counter on the device or void its hardware warranty.
Download Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 official firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300
Download Odin 3.07
How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXELL1 Official Firmware
1. Extract XXELL1 firmware zip file that you downloaded to a desired location such as the desktop and you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Also extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Power off your smartphone and wait for the vibration (about 5 to 6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown.
4. Boot the Galaxy S3 I9300 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Powerbutton until Samsung Galaxy logo appears on screen. Wait for a few seconds and your phone will enter Download mode.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the installation process without interruptions.
6. Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer with original USB cable. A message pops-up in Odin's message box at the bottom left saying "Added!!". If you fail to get this message just retry with another USB port (preferably the rear USB port at the back of your computer). If all else fails, then just reinstall the USB drivers for your phone. When you get the "Added!!" message in Odin then you are all set to perform the next step. Now, you will see the ID: COM port with a number in Yellow, if you successfully added your device.
7. Select the following files from I9300XXELL1 folder [check Step 1] in Odin using respective command buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and choose the .tar file named 'code'
- Tap the Phone Button, and choose file named 'modem' (ignore if there is no such file)
- Hit the CSC Button, and choose the file named 'CSC' (ignore if such file is missing)
- Click the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file. Perform this step only if you get the .pit file while extracting in step 1, otherwise just ignore it.
8. In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting checkboxes. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected or ticked, only if you are using a .pit file in previous step.
9. Verify that everything mentioned in Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly. Then hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the firmware is completely flashed, you will get a PASS message on screen with green background in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. The phone will now automatically reboot and soon the Samsung logo will appear on screen. Now, just disconnect the device's USB cable from the computer.
NOTE: If your Galaxy S3 gets stuck at booting animation or fails to respond after Step 10, then boot into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset. Then hit Reboot System Now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate and Power key to select an option.
Your Galaxy S3 I9300 is now successfully running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based on XXELL1 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
Check out our step-by-step guide to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Official Android 4.1.2 XXELL1 Jelly Bean Firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader