Android 4.1.2 XXELLA Jelly Bean released for Galaxy S3 I9300.
The release of an Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) XXELL5 update for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) has been followed by that of the unbranded Android 4.1.2 XXELLA file for Galaxy S3 users in the United Kingdom. The update offers features like Multi-View, Page Buddy, a customisable Notification Panel and the Group Cast app.
Version: Android 4.1.2
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain
The firmware is available both as an Over-The-Air (OTA) transfer and through Samsung Kies. Galaxy S3 users looking to manually update the device may follow this guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during this procedure. We also warn readers this firmware is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300).
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers are downloaded and installed
- Enable USB Debugging mode
- Ensure all data is backed-up
- Ensure 80 percent battery charge
- Ensure the device is factory unlocked
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 XXELLA (Jelly Bean) on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXELLA and extract contents of file (among others, a .tar file should be available)
- Download Odin v3.07 and extract contents of file
- Switch device off and re-start in Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power till Samsung Galaxy logo appears on screen)
- Run Odin on computer and connect device using USB cable (a successful connection is indicated by a message - Added - and the display of a COM port number, against a yellow background)
- In Odin, select these files (extracted the XXELLA folder) in the order mentioned
- Click PDA and select .tar file with CODE in its name
- Click Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
- Click CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
- Click PIT button and select .pit file
- Note: Last three steps can be ignored if such files are not found
- In Odin, ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected
- Click Start to begin installation
- A successful installation will be indicated by a message - Pass - from Odin (against a green background) and the device will reboot (disconnect from computer only after Samsung logo appears)
- Note: In case device gets stuck at boot animation, go to Recovery mode and perform the Wipe Data/Factory Reset task and reboot system
The Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) should now be running on Android 4.1.2 XXELLA (Jelly Bean) firmware. Navigate to Settings > About Phone to verify firmware running on device.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader