Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 Jelly Bean firmware is released for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100.
Samsung has released the Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 Jelly Bean firmware for the international 3G version of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100), which was launched with Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software.
The firmware can be downloaded and installed either as an Over the Air (OTA) transfer or through Samsung Kies. The XXCLL2 firmware is originally for Smart users in Philippines but is compatible with a number of European countries, including the United Kingdom.
- PDA: P5100XXCLL2
- CSC: P5100OLBCLL2
- Version: Android 4.1.1
- Region Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users who wish to update their tablets manually with Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 firmware, may follow the guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during installation.The firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100). We also warn readers installed custom ROMs will be lost after flashing official firmware.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure battery carries more than 80 percent charge
- Create data back-up
- Ensure the device is factory unlocked
Steps to Install Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 (Jelly Bean) on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
- Download Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to PC. Extract contents to get a .tar file, with others
- Download Odin v 3.07 and extract contents
- Switch device off and enter into Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons together till warning message appears on screen and then press Volume Down to enter Download mode)
- Run Odin and connect tablet to computer using USB cable (a valid connection is indicated by a message - Added - and a COM port number in a yellow box)
- In Odin select these files, the extracted from XXCLL2 folder, to install
- Click PDA and select the .tar file with Code in its name
- Click Phone and select file with Modem in its name
- Click CSC and select file with CSC in its name
- Click Pit and select the .pit file
- Note: Ignore last three steps in case such files are not found
- Ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time Checkboxes are selected. Also ensure the Re-partition checkbox is selected, in case a .pit file is used
- Click Start in Odin to begin installation process
- Once the installation process is completed, a message - Pass - in a green box - indicates succesful installation. The tablet will then reboot and the Samsung logo will appear. Unplug device only after this
- Note: In case tablet gets stuck at re-booting animation, go to Recovery mode and perform a data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Reboot System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1(P5100), is now updated and running on Android 4.1.1 XXCLL2 (Jelly Bean) firmware. Navigate to Settings > About Tablet to verify software on device.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader