The Galaxy Note 2 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Jelly Bean can be rooted.
Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with base firmware XXDLL7 for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. The software update brings a number of new features.
The Galaxy Note 2 users, who have already updated their devices with the XXDLL7 Jelly Bean, may follow the tutorial below to root their devices. The tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root package to root the phone.
The users are advised to verify the model number of their devices, since the root package works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Jelly Bean
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there, navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on]
3) Ensure 80 percent battery charge
4) Ensure data back-up
5) Ensure that the device is factory unlocked
6) The tutorial below only roots the device. In order to install custom ROMs, users should flash custom recovery
Steps to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to the computer. Extract the zip file to get a .tar.md5 file within it
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Power off the Note and place the device into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will be shown on the screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
4) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. A message saying 'Added' will appear under Odin's message box in the bottom left. Once the device is successfully connected to the computer, a COM port with a number in Yellow will be shown
5) Click the PDA button in Odin and select CF-Auto-Root-to3g-to3gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5
6) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin window are selected
7) Double-check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing
8) Once the installation process completed, the phone will automatically reboot and soon a 'Pass' message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the top of the Odin. Safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The device, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL7 Jelly Bean firmware, is now rooted successfully. To ensure the aforementioned root method is installed properly and is working correctly, verify with the Root Checker app which is available for download from Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader