Galaxy S Advance I9070 Gets Official Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean Firmware
Galaxy S Advance I9070 users finally receive the latest official Jelly Bean update from Samsung via Android 4.1.2 XXLPY official firmware. Although the firmware is presently available as Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as over Samsung KIES for Russian users, the non-Russian users can now download and install the same manually using this guide. The firmware ports samsung's new TouchWiz Nature UI and offers a host of latest Jelly Bean features onboard.
NOTE: The installation of this firmware requires the use of stock recovery and the phone's original USB cable. Android 4.1.2 XXLPY is a leaked and deodexed official Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy S phone. IBTimes UK will not be liable for issues arising out of using this firmware including damages to the device. Users must proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that the phone has at least 400MB of free space on its internal SD card (not an external SD or micro SD). Otherwise, the device may get soft-bricked.
- Verify that correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy S Advance on the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 USB drivers.
- Ensure data backup. Avoid using Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup, as it may brick your device permanently.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later). Otherwise, go to Settings > Applications > Development (if phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier) and enable the USB Debugging option.
- Ensure that the phone is unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it
- Ensure 85 percent battery power
Key Points to Remember
- The leaked XXLPY official Jelly Bean firmware and the instructions given in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy S Advance I9070 model only. It will not work on any other device. Verify device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Do a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from Recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES may not recognise the device after installing Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S Advance I9070
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy S Advance to the PC and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Switch off the device and connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the phone powers on and reboots.
Step 4 - Once in recovery mode, leave the phone alone. Now, go to the computer and run deodex_recovery.bat from the files extracted in Step 1.
Step 5 - Do not disconnect the phone's USB cable. Wait for the ROM installation process to finish.
Step 6 - Once the ROM is installed, the phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete.
Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXLPY Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader