Nexus 10 can now be updated with the latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) build 2 custom ROM. This build comes with several features such as boot animation enhancements, colourable clock views/widgets, lockscreen, navigation bar, status bar, camera enabled with powerkey shutter and more.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage caused to the device during installation.
Check the procedure below to install Android 4.2.1 AOKP build 2 custom firmware on Nexus 10.
- Enable USB debugging option
- Make a backup of all data
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in the device
To install Android 4.2.1 AOKP build 2 firmware on Nexus 10:
- Download Android 4.2.1 AOKP build 2 ROM and Google Apps on PC
- Connect and mount the device on computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card
- Turn the tablet off
- The device should enter Bootloader mode. Turn the device on while pressing the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons
- Follow the onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CMW recovery, perform data wipe. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation and the installation process should begin now
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
The Android 4.2.1 AOKP firmware should now be installed on the tablet. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader