Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Receives Android 4.2.2 PACman Jelly Bean ROM.
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users can now enjoy the latest Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware via newly released PACman custom ROM. The ROM brings an assortment of good custom features hand-picked from original CyanogenMod, Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) and Android Open Source Project (AOSP) releases, so that the users get a taste of the ultimate Android experience.
According to Team Android quoting PACman ROM team's statement on their latest AOSP ROM project:
"The idea was to remove the need for a hunt of rom and cure flasholicsm by providing everything xda has in rom development in a single bloat free rockstable rom. This is the FIRST rom of its kind with a hybrid framework consisting on cm10.1, AOKP and AOSPA. What makes PACman unique is this perfect blend of all of these. It took a LOT of work of thinking behind to merge the frameworks in the right order."
Key Features of Android 4.2.2 PACman Jelly Bean ROM
- Hybrid Framework
- AOKP MR1
- AOSPA 3.00
- Per App DPI
- Per App Color
- Pie Controls
- Open Source Camera HAL
- Hardware Key Control
- Any Widget on lockscreen
- CM Profiles
- Lock Screen Shortcuts
- Lock Screen ring target
- Fresh compiled CM10.1 kernel
- Init.d Support
Key Points to Note
- The PACman Jelly Bean ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 2 on computer (download USB drivers here).
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss during ROM installation.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if the phone is running Android 2.3 or earlier). Otherwise if the device is running Android 4.2, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of screen and select Build Number
- Tap the Build Number for seven times to unlock or reveal Developer Options under Settings. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that the phone has at least 85 percent battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during firmware installation.
- Ensure that the device is factory unlocked and rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed on it.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from Recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after installing the PACman ROM, as it is a custom release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after ROM installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.2.2 PACman Jelly Bean ROM
Step 1 - Download Android 4.2.2 PACman ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 2 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the Galaxy Note 2 USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded PACman ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot the device into Recovery Mode using ADB.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and hit Power button to choose it.
Step 7 - Tap the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to PACman ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone's SD card and choose it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation process will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and click Reboot System now in the recovery menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, do not interrupt the process.
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now successfully updated to Android 4.2.2 PACman Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader