Samsung recently rolled out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software update with base firmware XXLT4 for Galaxy Note GT-N7000 users from Germany. The XXLT4 Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any Galaxy Note except those from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean firmware is released for Galaxy Note N7000.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: April, 2013
Galaxy Note users who have already upgraded their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean, may follow our step-by-step guides to root the same.
Below are two methods to root the Galaxy Note: one is using stock recovery file and the other one is using the .tar file which can be installed via Odin. The root files and methods are shared by senior XDA developer, Phil3759.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are advised to ensure that their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create a backup of all data of the device. If the device is having a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP installed, users are recommended to backup the data using the same.
4) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked.
5) The Note should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
6) The device will lose manufacturer's warranty once it is rooted. Users can reclaim the warranty back by unrooting the device later.
7) The stock recovery package and the root file with .tar extension works only on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 running on Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean. Applying theses on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note by selecting Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to root Galaxy Note N7000 on Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean via stock recovery
1) Download the PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT4-OXA-4.93.6-signed.zip file for Samsung Galaxy Note to the computer
2) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable and then copy the downloaded root zip file to the external SD card of the phone
3) Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off. Then boot the phone into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
4) In recovery mode use the Volume keys to toggle between options and Home/Power button to select the desired option
5) Select apply update from external storage then navigate to the Philz-cwm6-XXLT4-OXA-4.93.6-signed.zip which was earlier copied to the SD card
6) Select the signed.zip file and confirm installation
7) When the installation process is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be now rooted successfully on Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean through stock recovery.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 on Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean using Odin
Galaxy Note running on Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean can be rooted using Odin.
1) Download the PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT4-OXA-4.93.6.tar.md5 file for Samsung Galaxy Note to the computer
2) Download Odin3_v3.07 which will help to install the root file
3) Power off the Galaxy Note and then boot the device into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together
4) Start Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer while the phone is in the Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. Once the device is successfully connected, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number
6) In Odin, click the PDA button and select the PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT4-OXA-4.93.6.tar.md5 file
7) Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
8) Finally hit the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing. The installation will take some time
9) When the installation process is completed the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone users may safely unplug the device from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 running on official Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. To ensure the root method is installed and working properly, verify with the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Click here for step-by-step guide to root Galaxy Note GT-N7000 on Android 4.1.2 XXLT5 Jelly Bean.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader