SlimROMs team has recently announced the availability of official SlimBean Build 4.2 custom builds for multiple Android devices. The SlimBean Build 4.2 features Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. This custom release fixes language problems spotted in the previous Build 4.
SlimBean Build 4.2 is available for Galaxy S2 I9100.
Changes and features of SlimBean Build 4.2
Update to JDQ39E
Added Music Playback Control tile
Added Developer option for MediaScanner Behavior Control on boot
Added TextArea size to MMS
Enhanced Auto-Brightness UI
Updated PlayStore to v4.0.26
Fixed Translation issues
Fixed SlimSizer FC
Fixed BlackList button behavior
Fixed NavBar menu hidden on softkey devices
Fixed SlimIRC bugs
Fixed DashClock extension icons hidden when minimised
Fixed PIN entry disable by some apps
Mako: Added focus modes to camera, seems to fixed flash
Nozomi: Reduce lowest brightness level
D2: Fixed video playback reboot
Possible Unknown Alarm tone [After-effect of updated tones]
Auto-Brightness help menu opens some derped screen
Bootloop in Spanish and French when setting display battery to always on lockscreen- flash fix if available in device download page
Head over to the development page to learn more about the SlimBean Build 4.2 release.
SlimBean Build 4.2 custom firmware is also released for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number I9100. Galaxy S2 users who wish to install Android 4.2.2 using the SlimBean Build 4.2, may follow our step-by-step guide. The device may encounter with minor bug issues after flashing the Build 4.2 as it is in its development stage.
It should be noted that those users who are on Build 4 should be able to dirty flash the Build 4.2. But those who are running on older version should perform data wipe.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to ensure that their devices meet following requirements before installing the custom build.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 to transfer files between the Android device to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) The tutorial might wipe all data of the phone, therefore, create backup for the same before proceeding. If the device is having custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then users are recommended to backup data using the same.
4) The Galaxy S2 should have above 80% of battery charge.
5) The phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed. Follow the guide here to root and install CWM recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100.
6) The SlimBean Build 4.2 ROM works only on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Flashing this on any other variant is likely to brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy S2 by navigating to Settings>> About phone.
7) After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache five more times before rebooting the device.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 4.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Download SlimBean Build 4.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Now connect the Galaxy S2 to the computer using USB cable. Copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. Do not extract any file
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer
5) Boot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons together until the screen of the phone flashes. Then release all three buttons
[Note: In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to scroll between options and use the Power buttons to select the desired options.]
6) In the recovery mode, first perform a Nandroid back up of the existing ROM which can be restored later in case the new firmware does not work or users wish to return to the previous build. To perform backup, select Backup and Restore then select Backup again on the next screen. Go to the main recovery menu once the backup is completed
7) Now perform data wiping task to avoid clash between the new ROM and the previous ROM. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset then select Yes on the next screen to confirm the action. Wait for few minutes until the data wiping process is completed. Now return to the CWM recovery menu. Select wipe cache partition and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping. When the action is completed, go back to the recovery menu
8) Select install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the SlimBean Build 4.2 ROM which was earlier copied to the SD card of the device. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on then next screen. The installation process should begin now
9) When the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure (step-8) to flash SlimBean Gapps zip
10) Once the installation process is completed return to the recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. The device will now boot into the new ROM. The first boot would take about five minutes
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot the phone into recovery mode then select Backup and Restore. Then restore the ROM by selecting it from the list.
SlimBean Build 4.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean should be now installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Head over to Setting>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for guide to install Android 4.1.2 XWLSW Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
[Source: Droid Firmwares]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader