Samsung has now rolled out another official update, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with base firmware XXLQE, for the international version of Galaxy S Advance bearing model number I9070.The software update is currently available in Germany, Poland and Ukraine and is expected to reach other European countries soon. Users can grab the update through the Samsung KIES server.
Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean official firmware is available for Galaxy S Advance I9070.
The XXLQE Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware which means it can be installed on any Galaxy S Advance I9070 units except those which are from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The latest update is expected to bring bug fixes, improvement over performance and enhancement for a better user interface (UI). Those who have already updated their Galaxy S Advance to Android 4.1.2 and experiencing lag issues, may try the XXLQE build.
CSC: I9070DBTLQ1, I9070XXLQE, I9070OXELPA
Android version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build date: 9 April, 2013
Country: Germany, Poland, Ukraine
screen shot of Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S Advance.
Galaxy S Advance users from firmware supported regions can also install the update. Those who failed to update their devices to Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean using official method for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Before installing the firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all the data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup the data using the recovery.
4) The phone should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) The device will lose custom firmware with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by the stock recovery.
7) The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
8) The Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the device before proceeding by navigating to Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
Step-1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip file to get a file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension with some other files
Download links: Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean (for Germany)/ Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean (for Poland) / Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean (for Ukraine)
Step-2: Download Odin3 v3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware
Step-3: Turn off the Galaxy S Advance and then set the phone into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a warning screen appears. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-4: Run Odin on the computer
Step-5: Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the phone. When the device is connected successfully the ID: COM port will turn yellow. In addition to that, a message saying Added will appear under Odin.
Note: If the Added does not come, then try another USB port. Try the one located at the back side of the computer. If that does not work too then re-install USB driver.
Step-6: Now select the files that are extracted from the I9070XXLQE folder to install on the phone
a) Click on the PDA button and select the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click on the Phone button and select the file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on the CSC button and select the file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore steps b, c and d in case such files are not found.
Step-7: In Odin, verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also ensure that the Re-Partition option is unchecked. Select the Re-Partition option only if a .pit file is being used
Step-8: Double check everything and hit the Start button in Odin. The installation should begin now. Wait for some time until the installation process is completed
Step-9: When the installation process is completed a PASS message with green background will appear indicating the successful installation. The phone will then reboot automatically. Once the home screen appears, users may unplug the USB cable from the phone
Samsung Galaxy S Advance should now be updated with the latest Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean official build. Head over to Setting >> About>> Software info to verify the software version running on the phone. Users can also change the default language according to their desired language. Go to Settings>> About>> Language and Text input. Also re-configure APN settings to get rid of Data connection issues.
Also read: Update Galaxy S Advance I9070P to XXLPF Android 4.1.2 [GUIDE]
[Source: Android ROM Update]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader