Samsung recently released the Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean official update for Galaxy S Advance with model number I9070 for users in Germany, Poland and Ukraine. The update is expected to reach other European countries soon.
The XXLQE Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be downloaded using Samsung KIES. Users from firmware- supported regions can also install the update.
Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean firmware is released for Galaxy S Advance I9070.
CSC: I9070DBTLQ1, I9070XXLQE, I9070OXELPA
Android version: 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Build date: 9 April, 2013
Country: Germany, Poland, Ukraine
Galaxy S Advance users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean and are currently looking for a root method may follow our step-by-step guide. The tutorial uses the file released by recognised XDA developer, Shaaan, who cliams that the root package does not increase the binary counter.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to ensure that their devices meet following set of requirements before installing the root file.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to transfer files between the phone and the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As this tutorial might wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the phone is having a custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP already installed then users are recommended to back up data using the recovery.
4) The Galaxy S Advance should have above 80 per cent battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) The phone will lose manufacturer's warranty once it is rooted. But users can reclaim the warranty back by unrooting it later. Click here for a step-by-step guide to unroot Samsung Galaxy S Advance to stock firmware.
7) The root file works only on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. As flashing this on an incorrect variant is likely to brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S Advance by navigating to Settings>> About Phone.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean
1) Download root package for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer
2) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer. Then transfer the downloaded root zip file to the external SD card of the phone
3) Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off
4) Place the Galaxy S Advance in stock recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the phone turns on. In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to scroll between the options and use the Power button to select the desired options
5) Scroll down to install update from external storage and select it. Now select choose zip from sdcard
6) Browse to the root.zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card
7) Select the root zip file and confirm installation. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes to complete
8) Once the installation process is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now from main recovery menu. The device will take about five minutes to boot up the first time
When the Samsung Galaxy S Advance boots up it should rooted successfully on Android 4.1.2 XXLQE Jelly Bean official firmware. Open the app drawer of the phone and check for an app called SuperSU. Additionally, to ensure the root method is installed and working properly download an app called Root Checker from Google Play Store.
Also read: Update Galaxy S Advance I9070P to XXLPF Android 4.1.2 [GUIDE]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader