Owners of Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 can taste the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) based on AOSP ROM, thanks to the efforts of XDA Senior Member RaymanFX. A number of things that are reportedly working include UI elements, live wallpapers, Bluetooth, lockscreen, keyboard dock, wi-fi, sound, GPS, camera, Google Voice search, Google Now and dock battery support. However, there are certain issues regarding dock special keys, NTFS automount and audio over Bluetooth.
Take a look at the steps below on how to install the Jelly Bean via AOSP-based ROM on Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101, courtesy Android Authority.
Please note that using the method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: Please keep in mind that the below guide is compatible only with Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. Make sure Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 with ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed. The device's battery must have 60 percent or more charge. The method will wipe away all the data, apps and settings. IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
- Download latest version of Jelly Bean ROM from here
- Download Google Apps package from here
- Copy the ROM file to your device's internal SDcard
- Switch off your tablet and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together. Keep holding until you see words scrolling at the top left of the screen. Now, press Volume Up within five seconds to boot into recovery. To scroll use Volume buttons and to select an option use the Power button
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset and select "Yes" to confirm
- Choose Install Zip from SDcard and then select Choose ZIP from SDcard. Locate jelly_tf101_alpha3.zip file and select it
- Choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing
- After installing ROM, select Choose Zip from SDcard again and choose gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip file to install Google Apps package
- After the installation, go back to main recovery menu and choose Reboot system now to reboot the device to Jelly Bean
You have installed the Jelly Bean based on AOSP-ROM on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. For more details you can have a look at the official thread at xda-developers forum.