Asus Zenfone 2 which is slated to be launched in the US on 18 May, after being launched in many countries, can be purchased at a comparatively reduced price on 7 May.
The Zenfone 2, bearing model number ZE551ML has been listed on e-tailer Ali Express which has put a price tag of $337, $112 down from the handset's actual price tag of $449; and the smartphone will be open for purchase during an online sale to be held on 7 May.
Prospective buyers of Zenfone 2 can check out the e-tailer's official web portal on 7 May, to buy the handset at reduced prices.
The 7 May online sale will begin and terminate on the same day, hence potential customers are advised to anticipate enhanced buyer demand.
Besides, the e-tailer is claiming to deliver the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML to India free of cost. Deliveries to other countries could attract an additional charge.
Key technical specifications of Asus' Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
- 5.5in IPS capacitive display; enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3, having resolution of 1080x1290
- Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box, with Asus ZenUI on top
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor in the 4GB RAM variant and 1.8GHZ quad-core Intel Atom processor in the 2GB variant
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 4GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 64GB
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 3,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery
Currently, a 128GB internal storage variant of Asus Zenfone 2 (model number ZE551ML) has been launched in India and will soon be available online for a price of Rs 30,000 (£311, $471).