Over a third of Barcelona fans admit they are concerned over Neymar's future at the club, according to a poll conducted by Forza Football for IBTimes UK.
The Brazil international has a staggering release clause of £143.3m ($209m, €190m) written into his contract at the Nou Camp but that has not deterred Manchester United and Real Madrid from considering a sensational move for the 23-year-old.
Neymar's father confirmed in September that United had made an audacious offer for the player during the summer transfer window. The former Santos star was also recently forced to deny suggestions he met with Real Madrid officials prior to January's Ballon d'Or ceremony, following reports of a shock approach from the Madrid giants.
Neymar Sr has previously warned his son will not sign a new contract at the Catalan giants until he has "tax stability" in Spain, having appeared in court in Madrid this week over fraud allegations relating to his transfer to the club in 2013.
Since then, Brazilian prosecutors have also filed a formal complaint against the player and his father, recommending the pair are charged with four counts of fraud in his homeland.
But even before the latest wave of accusations levelled at the Brazil captain, there had been concern over Neymar's future at the La Liga champions. In a Forza Football poll of over 3500 Barcelona fans taken during the 2-1 win over Atletico Madrid on Saturday 30 January, 32% admitted they are worried over the possibility of one third of their 'MSN' attacking triumvirate leaving the club.
While Manchester United's hopes of luring the Brazilian to Old Trafford seem optimistic at best, it has not stopped the club from reaching out to the player's camp. Speaking to Brazilian radio station Boa Tarde Fox in October, Neymar Sr said: "Barcelona received a proposal and the club told us they were not going to sell him. They asked if we were interested but we weren't. Barcelona did not sell because he has three years left on his contract."
Speaking in court on 2 February as part of the ongoing investigation into Neymar's transfer, his father reiterated the player had received a multi-million pound offer from an unnamed club, according to Catalunya Radio.
Marca, meanwhile, claim Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is ready to meet Neymar's £143m release clause and offer the forward an "astronomical salary" in a move that would eclipse Luis Figo's hugely controversial move from the Catalan giants to the Spanish capital in 2000.
In a further twist to the tale, Neymar himself has spoken of his desire to play under Pep Guardiola. The former Barcelona manager will take over at Manchester City this summer.