Bollywood star Salman Khan launched Bigg Boss Season 8 with a live performance amid much pomp and fanfare in Mumbai on Friday (12 September).
The actor was at his candid best during the event and put up a good show marking his return as the host of India's most popular and controversial reality show.
Khan, known to be quite moody, engaged in some fun and banter with ex Bigg Boss contestant Andy (who was co-hosting the event) and the attendees present. Here are some funny and cheeky statements that the Kick star made at the Bigg Boss 8 press conference (via missmalini.com):
1. "This time Colors has so much money in their budget for Bigg Boss that we can afford to fly abroad and still shoot indoors."
2. "We'd be having many foreigner contestants in the house. And as you all know, most of them might already be my friends."
3. "You know why I am dressed as a pilot? Because I have never done a pilot episode for a TV show."
4. "Wasn't taking Andy in the house a mistake last year? I promise we won't repeat it again."
5. "I am in touch with all the contestants we've had on our show previously. You won't believe it but I am still sorting their shit out!"
The actor, however, did not hint at or reveal anything about the contestants for the upcoming season.
Meanwhile, photographers who decided to boycott the actor's events, following an unpleasant incident during Khan's Kick promotions, were missing from his Bigg Boss 8 press conference, reports Emirates 24/7.
When asked if Salman was missing the photographers, the actor said: "What can I do... I can't force anyone. I have not stopped them from taking my pics... they have banned me and taken a stand. All I can say is do it (click pictures) quietly, respectfully and not like 'macchi (fish)' market."
Watch the complete Bigg Boss 8 launch event video below:
— §almanKhanMeriJaan™ (@BeingSDayana) September 14, 2014