American actress/singer Brittany Murphy's death might have been caused by poisoning.
According to a toxicology report ordered by the father of the Clueless actress, Angelo Bertolotti, heavy metals were found in prominent elements in Murphy's body, suggesting that the actress was poisoned.
This was revealed after Bertolotti requested to reopen the case about her death, and obtained samples of her hair, blood and tissue for independent testing.
"Ten of the heavy metals evaluated were detected at levels higher than the World Health Organisation high levels. If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent," reported the Examiner.
Murphy died on 20 December, 2009 of cardiac arrest due to pneumonia, iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication at her home in Hollywood Hills. She was 32 at the time of her death. Suspiciously, her husband, Simon Monjack, died of similar symptoms, just five months later.
"The lab has shown that she was poisoned with criminal intent," Bertolotti told the Daily News.
"We would like the investigation opened again to discover who did it. So as not to jeopardise the new investigation, I can't say who I suspect as of yet."