Carl Froch and George Groves have been ordered to rematch for the WBA and IBF super-middleweight world titles inside 90 days following the controversial ending to the British pair's November bout.
Froch prevailed following a ninth-round stoppage in Manchester despite being floored by the challenger in the opening round and has since continually been called out by Groves.
The Nottingham-based fighter Froch claimed on Friday that Groves, 25, had rejected a 'seven-figure' offer for a rematch in 2014. Groves responded that the terms of the deal were "unsatisfactory".
But the International Boxing Federation have ordered the two fighters to agree terms for a rematch which must take place within 90 days, a bout which will be among the biggest British fights of the decade.
Despite having just two career losses from 34 fights, Froch was rocked by several heavy blows from Groves during their encounter last year.
A statement released by Froch said: "There has been plenty of speculation over the last few weeks regarding my future," Froch said in the statement. "As it stands we are looking closely at two options George Groves and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
"Yesterday [Thursday], we made a seven figure offer to George Groves for a second fight that would have seen him earn around double that of the first. Disappointingly, George rejected this offer so we are continuing our talks with Top Rank and HBO regarding Chavez Jr.
"I understand the demand for the Groves fight in the UK, but also the demand in the US for the Chavez fight. Talks are ongoing and no doubt some further news will break soon. I'm happy to fight anyone, as I have done throughout my entire career."
Groves replied claiming he was hopeful of a reprieve from the IBF and having secure a mandatory rematch talks are likely to continue over a mega-fight later this year, with promoter Eddie Hearn having earmarked a bout at Old Trafford.