Three children get electric shock in pool in FloridaYouTube

Three children were taken to hospital after suffering an electric shock when they touched a metal railing in a swimming pool in Florida.

Chilling footage shows two young girls temporarily paralysed in the water as anxious relatives rush to the scene and drag them to safety at the Hialeah apartment complex.

Ten-year-old Diego Cabrera told WFOR-TV he was also shocked when he reached for the railing.

All three children have now fully recovered after spending four nights in hospital.

Inspectors believed the pool was charged with electricity due to a faulty pool pump.

They said that the electrical work that had been carried out had not been authorised.

The pool has now been drained and remains closed.