YU Yureka and YU Yureka Plus users can finally check out the CyanogenMod 12.1 OS update based on Google's Android 5.1 (Lollipop). The rollout comes five months after CyanogenMod said it would provide the update.
Announcing CyanogenMod 12.1 OS (CM 12.1) for Yureka and Yureka Plus smartphone owners across the world, folks at YU Televentures said users can verify the new software upgrade that bears version number YOG4PAS3JM, available automatically via OTA.
Rollout of the CyanogenMod 12.1 OS update will take place in a phased process that could take up to two weeks to complete. With the update, users of YU Yureka and Yureka Plus will get the following new/enhanced functionalities:
- Revamped Launcher: Modifications to App Drawer and folders have resulted in adding one-handed usage customisation mechanism which should let users operate the smartphone effectively only with a single hand.
- Screen improvements: LiveDisplay has been tweaked to dynamically synchronise the smartphone's screen with the prevailing weather/atmospheric conditions.
- Calendar integration with email: Allows users to share availability, besides scheduling appointments dynamically.
- Updated AudioFX: UI update to bring consistency across devices.
- Enhanced playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback.
- Thermal control: Users should also notice new features like customised thermal control, along with performance enhancements and fixes to known bugs.
YU also said users of the newer YU Yuphoria phones can expect the CyanogenMod 12.1 OS update in the near future.