Easter Sunday, also known as the Resurrection Sunday, is celebrated by Christians across the world to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ, three days after his crucifixion.
The day marks the end of the Holy Week that includes Maundy Thursday which honours Jesus' last supper and Good Friday marking Christ's humility and crucifixion and Holy Saturday.
Easter is celebrated by millions of people around the world, in various traditional ways. These include meeting families and friends and distributing Easter eggs, holding egg hunts and attending mid-night services.
To celebrate the occasion, IBTimes UK has compiled a list of top quotes and message to exchange with family and friends.
Top 10 Quotes:
1. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe in this?" John 11:25-26
2. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
3. "He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay." Matthew 28:6.
4. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died---more than that, who was raised to life-- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Romans 8:34
5. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3.
6. "The great gift of Easter is hope - Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake." - Basil Hume
7. "The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice." - Henry Knox Sherrill
8. "Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, "Christ is risen," but "I shall rise." -- Phillips Brooks
9. "Let the whole world join the happy lay, Let the hills and vales break forth in singing, Christ, the Lord of Life, is ris'n today." -- Lizzie Akers
10. "Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible." -- TD Jakes
Top 5 Messages:
1. "Let every man and woman count himself immortal,
Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection,
Let him say not merely, "Christ is risen," but "I shall rise."
2. "When i'm lifted up,
I shall draw all men to myself,
His assurance has risen us in EASTER,
to salvation, love, peace, joy, hope,
breakthrough in our life in JESUS RESURRECTION."
3. "Let the Easter eggs serve as your reminder,
That nothing can hinder you,
In fulfilling your dreams,
I'm wishing you an extraordinary Easter."
4. "The Easter feeling does not end,
it signals a new beginning of nature spring,
and brand new life of friendship,
Happy Easter to My Best Friend."