Muslims around the world will celebrate Eid al-Adha, which this year starts on 3 October and ends in the evening of 4 October.
It falls on the tenth day of Dhul-Hijjah, the last month of the Islamic calendar.
The celebration, which is also called the Feast of Sacrifice as the Arabic word "Eid" means festival and the word "Adha" means sacrifice, is a commemoration of Prophet Abraham's (Ibrahim) willingness to sacrifice the life of his son Ishmael (Isma'il) for god.
However, because God spared Abraham's son and replaced him with a sheep. Muslims celebrate this occasion by slaughtering an animal.
Top Five Quotes From the Quran to celebrate the Eid al-Adha:
- Surely Abraham was an example, obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the polytheists. He was grateful for our bounties. We chose him and guided him unto a right path. We gave him good in this world, and in the next he will most surely be among the righteous. (Quran 16:120-121)
- Recall that Abraham was put to the test by his Lord, through certain commands, and he fulfilled them. (God) said, "I am appointing you an imam for the people." He said, "And also my descendants?" He said, "My covenant does not include the transgressors." (2:124)
- When the human being is tested by his Lord, through blessings and joy, he says, "My Lord is generous towards me." (89:15)
- O believers, let not your wealth nor your children distract you from remembrance of Allah. Those who do so, they are the losers. (63:9)
- Abraham prayed: "My Lord, make this a peaceful land, and provide its people with fruits. Provide for those who believe in GOD and the Last Day." (God) said, "I will also provide for those who disbelieve. I will let them enjoy, temporarily, then commit them to the retribution of Hell, and a miserable destiny." (2:126)
Top Five Messages to Share with Family and Friends to celebrate the Eid al-Adha:
- As you offer your prayers on Eid, I hope that the true spirit of this auspicious occasion fills your heart with happiness and good cheer. Eid Mubarak!
- Wishing that Allah accepts your good deeds and sacrifices, alleviates your sufferings,
and forgives your transgressions. Wishing you joy and prosperity on Eid.
- Wishing that Allah brings you treasured moments of happiness and joy on the festive occasion. Have a blessed Eid!
- Hope that you are guided by your faith in the almighty and shine in his divine blessings.
Wishing you a happy Eid.
- Hope that Allah bestows his choicest blessings on us, and our association grows stronger every year.