A six-day-old baby girl died after being bitten by a pet dog, an inquest heard.
The death of Eliza-Mae Mullane, from Pontyberem, Carmarthenshire, shook the nation after she was attacked while sleeping in her pram in February.
A post mortem examination revealed she died from "compression of the skull with intracranial bleeding".
The girl's mother, Sharon, placed her in a pram in the lounge while she sent her son off in a taxi to school.
But one of the family dogs managed to sneak into the room and when she returned she found her baby on the floor with "serious injuries".
Previous reports said she then ran to neighbours in shock shouting: "'The dog ate my baby's head."
Coroner Mark Layton ruled the baby's death was accidental.
Layton told the inquest: "In the short space of time the dog has pulled Eliza from the pram. Eliza's mother could not have foreseen this happening."
The baby's father Patrick, said he hoped the tragic accident would act as a warning to other pet owners.
In a statement read out at the inquest, he said: "I hope that Sharon, the children, and I can move on from this sadness.
"I hope this inquest will raise public awareness of the potential dangers family dogs can present to very young children."
The two family dogs, believed to be an Alaskan malamute and a terrier, have since been destroyed– some speculated they were jealous of the attention given to the newborn.