We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Galaxy S Advance I9070 can now be updated to the latest build Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean official firmware that was released by Samsung earlier this month. The firmware is readily available for installation via OTA and Samsung KIES in supported European countries including Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom. Although this is a region-specific firmware, it can be downloaded and installed manually on any unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) Galaxy S Advance I9070 using our step-by-step guide given below.
Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Firmware Details
Date: 2013 May
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean official firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are limited to Galaxy S Advance I9070 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone including contacts, messages, photos, videos, APNs and other internet settings to avoid data loss if data wipe tasks need to be performed during or after firmware installation.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Make sure the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy S Advance I9070 USB drivers)
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation.
- Verify the phone is both factory unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and bootloader unlocked to enable seamless firmware installation as well as rooting.
- As this is an official release, you will lose root access on the device soon after installing the firmware. In order to regain full system access and be able to install third-party root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks, just re-root the device after the firmware installation.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if device is damaged or bricked during or after the firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S Advance I9070
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy S Advance on your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install the official firmware on the phone.
Step 3 - Power off the phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on screen. Hit the Power button again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer as Administrator and connect your phone to it via USB cable (while the phone is still in Download Mode).
Step 5 - When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This step may take some time. So, leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be flashed or installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Select the 'PDA' checkbox and choose the file named '.tar' or '.md5'.
- Choose the 'Phone' checkbox and click the file named 'MODEM' (ignore if there is no such file).
- Select the 'CSC' checkbox and choose the file named 'CSC' (ignore if such file is absent).
- Click the 'PIT' checkbox and select the .pit file (ignore if such file is missing).
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the checkboxes. But the Re-Partition option must be checked, ONLY if a .PIT file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 8 - Hit the Start button in ODIN and the firmware installation process will begin. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
Step 9 - Once the ROM installation is complete, your phone will reboot. Finally, when the home screen appears, just disconnect your phone from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now updated to latest Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Team Android]