Samsung has rolled out a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, N9005XXUDMJ7, which brings the latest bug-fixes for Galaxy Note 3 (LTE). The new firmware is being rolled out in phases as it will be initially available only for a few European countries, while others are expected to get the update gradually.
The firmware is now available for manual download via Samsung KIES in the UK. However, those who cannot wait for the official release in their country and those who missed the firmware via Over-The-Air (OTA) update notification can still install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide given below.
Android 4.3 XXUDMJ7 Firmware Details
Date: 2013 November
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- The N9005XXUDMJ7 firmware and instructions provided in this guide are limited to Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005) model only. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other model as it may inadvertently damage or brick the device. Verify the device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Backup your important data and settings on the phone via Samsung KIES or any third-party utility such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery to prevent unexpected data loss during the firmware installation.
- Ensure correct USB drivers are installed for your phone on computer (download Galaxy Note 3 LTE USB drivers).
- Make sure the phone has at least 80% battery charge before you begin the firmware installation.
- Verify the phone is factory unlocked and not locked to a specific carrier.
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on the phone, by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if device runs Android 4.0 or later) or Settings >Applications> Development (if device runs Android 2.3 or earlier). If device runs Android 4.2, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll to bottom of screen and select Build Number
- Tap the phone's Build Number seven times to unlock or reveal the hidden Developer Options under Settings. Then select the checkbox to enable USB debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- If device is stuck at booting or experiencing boot loop issues, perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before you start working on it.
- Instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any device damage during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Steps to Install Official N9005XXUDMJ7 Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE
Step 1 - Download Android 4.3 N9005XXUDMJ7 for Galaxy Note 3 on computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v3.07 which will help you to install Android 4.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005.
Step 3 - Power off the phone and boot it into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, and then tap the Power button, until Samsung logo or red and yellow text appears on screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on computer and connect your phone to it while your phone is still in Download Mode.
Step 5 - If the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may take some time, so leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the files that need to be installed on your phone, which can be found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' button and select the file named 'CODE'.
- Tap the 'Phone' button and choose the file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing.
- Hit the 'CSC' button and select the file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click the 'PIT' button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 7 - Enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin. Uncheck the Re-Partition option, unless you used a .PIT file in the previous step.
Step 8 - click Start in ODIN and the firmware installation process will begin. It should complete in just a few minutes.
Step 9 - Once the installation is completed, your phone will reboot automatically or prompt you for a reboot. Reboot the phone and when the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now successfully updated to Android 4.3 XXUDMJ7 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Team Android]