We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean test firmware has recently leaked for the global version of Samsung Galaxy S3 having model number GT-I9300. The latest build has been tested and is said to be working fine. Besides, the Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean bundles several new features.
Android version: Android 4.2.2-JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build date: 8 May, 2013
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean new features
Android 4.2.2-Build ID: JDQ39
New lockscreen: Multiple widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
New screen modes (From Galaxy S4): Adapt Display and Personal Photo
New additions in notification centre
Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface- like the S4)
Addition of Voice controls (Allows to control various parts of phone using voice commands- Galaxy S4 feature)
Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
Full screen Samsung apps
New S Voice (From Galaxy S4)
New smart switch widget
The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 is under testing and Samsung is expected to release the update sometime in June.
Ahead of the official release, Galaxy S3 users who wish to install Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean test firmware manually may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The battery of Galaxy S3 should have above 80% charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) The Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean works only on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About Phone>> Model number.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Step-1: Download Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files
Step-2: Download Odin v3.07 which will help to install the Android 4.2.2 firmware on Galaxy S3. Extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy S3. Place the device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears. Now press the Power button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-4: Run Odin on the computer
Step-5: Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn yellow with the COM port number. Also, the successful connection will be indicated by a message saying Added in Odin. This step is likely to take some time
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try the USB port at the back of the computer. If Odin still fails to detect the device, then re-install USB driver.
Step-6: Select these files extracted from I9300XXUFME3 folder to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click on Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-7: Configure the Odin settings. Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. But uncheck the Re-Partition option; select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-8: Double check everything and then click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes to complete
Step-9: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Also, the successful installation will be indicated by a PASS message with green background in Odin
Step-10: Once the home screen appears on the screen of the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it with the computer
Samsung Galaxy S3 should now be updated with Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean leaked firmware. Head over to Settings>> About device to verify the software version running on the phone.
Click here for guide to install Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean test firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300.
[Source: Team Android]