"Miracle baby" Shayma, delivered from the womb of her dead mother, has died in an incubator in a hospital in Gaza.
Some Twitter commentators said the five-day-old baby died as Israeli forces attacked power plants in Gaza causing a power outage.
Shayma was rescued by doctors on Saturday, as her 23-year-old mother, Shayma al-Sheikh Qanan, was killed after an airstrike had hit her house in the central Gaza town of Deir al-Balah.
Dr Fadi Al-Khrote, who was part of the team of medics who saved the baby, told Al-Jazeera the child was a "miracle" as the woman had been clinically dead for ten minutes before the operation finished.
Doctors said the baby's father was killed too.
Hundreds of Twitter users commented on Shayma's death on Wednesday afternoon.
More than 1,200 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have been killed since Israel Defence Forces (IDF) launched Operation Protective Edge against Gaza on 8 July, to restore calm in southern Israel after the firing of more than 150 rockets from Gaza into the country.
On 17 July, IDF expanded its operation with a ground invasion of Gaza, aimed at destroying Palestinian Islamist organisation Hamas' underground tunnels.
The UN warned Israel might be committing war crimes as at least 70% of the Palestinians killed have been civilians.
Israel announced it will observe a four-hour humanitarian ceasefire on Wednesday afternoon.
- Gaza Crisis Photos: Israeli Shelling Resumes After Hamas Ceasefire Crumbles
- #FreePalestine: What Does it Really Mean?
- Gaza Crisis: Italy Sends £1.2m to Palestinian Victims of Israeli Attacks
- 'I Might Die Tonight': Gaza Teen Farah Baker Live-Tweets Terrifying Israeli Missile Attack
- Gaza Crisis: Far-Right Israelis Chant 'There's No School Tomorrow, There's No Children Left in Gaza!'
- Eyewitness Gaza: Nowhere to Run, Nowhere to Hide as Bloody Israeli Barrage Intensifies