Samsung's newly unveiled Galaxy S6 Edge is the first smartphone to sport a curved display on both sides. It offers richer interactions by colour-coding five of your favourite contacts on the S6 Edge. Users need to just choose a contact's colour on the edge display to call, text or even email them. These colour-coded notifications will let you know who is calling, even when the smartphone is kept upside down.
While this feature is exclusive on Galaxy S6 Edge, you can also experience this on your Android smartphone.
Senior XDA member, forgin has released an app through which you can enjoy the colour edge notifications on any device powered by Android 4.1 or, higher.
You can directly download the app called 'Edge Color Notifications' from Google Play Store or, the APK file for the latest version (1.0.16) from the development thread. Check out the following list to know more about the changes added in the new version.
- More bug fixes, please check if it stops correctly when call ends.
- Option to set contact to default colour
- Only calls from those contacts for whom you have set a specific colour will activate the edge colour
- Cleaned UI and filtered contacts with phone numbers
- Bug fixes
- Fixed bugs due to old Android versions' compatibility
- Night Rider Scanner animation (code is now ready for a better animation)
- Fixed crash in contacts selection
- Choose colour for each of your contacts
- New animation