Resurrection Remix is one of the best custom builds which offers tons of customisations. It is based on the CyanogenMod, SLIM Omni and original Resurrection Remix ROM builds, creating a blend of performnace, customisation, power and most new features. It includes all the CyanogenMod 12 features and boost up the speed of the system.
Resurrection Remix ROM changelog
- Statusbar clock customisation + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Added changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Added Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall speed up system
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all CM 12 features
- Many more slim omni and orginal RR improvements and system UI changes in this build
Resurrection Remix ROM v5.2.8
- Update popups animation
- StatusBar Ticker option
- Navigation bar master switch option
- Resurrection remix logo to about settings
- Recents panel clear all button tweaks
- Replace recents clear all button with a fab button
- update maintainer list
- Update Hungarian RR strings
- Remove the superuser app
- Update superuser
- Add an indicator when a 'su' session is active
- Settings: allow to hide su indicator option
- Appops: Add support for SU
- Improve and fix performance settings
- Fastscroll to the Manage applications screen
- Settings: Add preference for EdgeGesture service
- Settings: don't remove navigation bar prefs when toggling
- Settings: CheckBox->Switch on restore io/processor preferences
- Don't kill an app if its currently pinned
- Battery style: fix dynamic percentage setting
- Show application's package name in the "App info" screen.
- Check boxes to Switches in PrivacyGuardPerfs
- Settings: Fix hiding button backlight option
- SystemUI: Materialise volume panel in/out animation
- Allow disabling Search/Recents button wake
- Services: fix memory leak in ColorFade
- Smooth Spinners: Makes the loading "spinner" animation smoother
- BootMessage: Show each app name being optimized during boot
- Bootmsg: The app name is now displayed in bold italc text.
- Resize keyguard big clock font
- Cleanup battery style code
- Live Volume Steps
- Enable profiles on power menu
- Fix external sdcard mountpoint
- Fix ton of Memory leaks
- Layout the window to be displayed
- Base: option to disable fullscreen keyboard
- Fix memory leak in system_server when screen on/off
- Keyguard: allow keyguard to be dismissed via intent
- Notifications: Materialize missed calls icons
- QS: fix tiles not being refreshed on overscrolling
- Base: fix battery stats wakelock crazyness
- ActivityManagerService: remove app switch delay
- BroadcastReceiver : Get sender of broadcasts
- Extend PreferenceActivity for title text on a single pane mode
- Fix for google backup and restore
- Show safe volume panel for non-interactive volume adjustments
- Fix possible race condition when showing dialog.
- Remove unnecessary updateSurfaceScreenOn call
- Wake Keys: enforce the wake keys overlay
- Add system setting for t9 search input locale
- LGE G3 Ton of fix and improvements
- Hammerhead Revert 'ambiant display' its buggy
- Hammerhead: Update A2DP policy
- Hammerhead: Enable tethering
- AOSP Updates
- Improve performance and stability
- For more information about changelog check out the RR Github sources
The Resurrection Remix ROM version 5.2.8 based on the latest Android Lollipop software version 5.0.2 is now released for the first generation Galaxy Note bearing model number GT-N7000. Keep in mind that the custom firmware is in the WIP stage, hence some of the features might not be functioning properly with bug issues.
If you want to update your Galaxy Note using the latest build of Resurrection Remix, head over to the following installation method.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create backup using custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- The Galaxy Note should have above 80% of battery charge to avoid unusual shut down due to lack of battery, which could damage the device.
- The phone should be rooted and have latest version of recovery installed. It is recommended to use TWRP 126.96.36.199 or, PhilZ recovery.
- The Resurrection Remix ROM is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware based on the mode number of the device.
- The development of the Resurrection Remix ROM is in progress. Therefore you might get bugs with the installation.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy Note N7000 with Resurrection Remix v5.2.8 custom ROM
Step-1: Connect Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable then move the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and turn the device off
Step-3: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Perform cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Also do a wipe of dalvik cache. From recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Go to main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys browse to the location where you have saved the Resurrection Remix ROM. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Note: You might get an error saying device or resource busy. Ignore this.
Step-8: When the ROM is installed, follow the similar procedure to flash the Gapps file
Step-9: Upon the completion of the installation, reboot phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu
You can now enjoy the Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 5.0.2 on your Galaxy Note.