With the roll-out of Apple's latest iOS 8.1 software, Chinese team Pangu has released a jailbreak for iOS 8-iOS 8.1.
The untethered jailbreak tool Pangu8 v1.0.0, available for the Windows version and in Chinese only, was released by the team following reports of photos being lost. The team then released another update to the jailbreak utility, Pangu8 v1.0.1, which addresses the bugs found in the previous version.
Pangu 8 untethered jailbreak works with iOS 8-iOS 8.1 running devices such as iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5g.
Following the release of the jailbreak, Jay Freeman, commonly known as Saurik, a member of the iPhone Dev Team and the creator of Cydia, WinterBoard and Mobile Substrate, updated Cydia for iOS 8, reports iPhonehacks.
Besides, he released an update to Cydia Substrate, formerly known as Mobile Substrate, a platform on which all jailbreak tweaks depend upon. Below is the list of tweaks and apps compatible with iOS 8-iOS 8.1 jailbreak shared on Reddit. Along with the working tweaks, the list contains many of which are partially working and some that are not working at all.
iOS 8-iOS 8.1 compatible jailbreak tweaks
- Boxy 2
- Chrome Downloader +
- Flex 2 Beta
- Hide Newsstand iOS 7.1.x
- KeyShortcut Pro
- LockHTML 3
- Nitrous (Obsolete, however)
- No Percent Sign
- NoSpot iOS 7
- Phantom for Snapchat
- Power Tap
- StatusHUD 2
- Virtual Home
Partially working tweaks
- Airblue Sharing (Can't seem to send from music app, but tried sending a photo from the app and it worked. Tried to send a picture from macbook to iPhone, successful transfer. Then stopped working.)
- Centered (works, but causes weird graphical glitch when sliding down NC)
- DailyPaper works (tapping "update now" in the prefpane crashes settings app but the tweak works)
- FlipControlCenter (Rotation lock toggle triggers safemode, and flashlight toggle doesn't work)
- HiddenSettings7 (CC button needs to be disabled. To access settings use HiddenSettings7 Icon, springboard crashes after closing settings panel but changes still apply)
- iKeywi 2 (works with apps that haven't been optimised for iphone 6 yet. But, the ones that have not quite.)
- NoSlowAnimations (Works but in opposite way. Setting it slower means animations are faster, etc)
- PreferenceOrganizer 2 (Tweaks are placed in the wrong section)
- Stride (error loading preference bundle)
- SubtleLock (iOS 7) (doesn't hide NC and CC grabbers)
- SwipeExpander (Pop up keys are broken but tweak works fine)
- TypeStatus (read alerts show up but typing alerts don't seem to work)
If you have already jailbroken your device running iOS 8-iOS 8.1 using Pangu8 v1.0.1 jailbreak, you can try out the above-mentioned tweaks.