Clashes have erupted in Jerusalem after Friday prayers, following Israel's decision to launch a ground invasion into Gaza on Thursday night.
According to Palestine News Network, dozens of youths gathered outside the Al-Aqsa mosque compound and in the the Wadi El-Joz area to voice their dissent over the ground operation.
Eyewitnesses said the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) stormed the mosque and clashed with the protesters.
A Twitter user posted a picture depicting some youths with heads covered by scarves and another one of some army members.
Local sources reported 15 Palestinians have been injured by rubber bullets so far inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Protesters are also angry as Palestinians under 50 years old have been banned from praying in the mosque.
According to an Instagram user, Palestinians under the age of 50 have been praying on the streets for the third Friday in a row.
Israel Defence Forces's ground invasion into Gaza is part of the already existing Operation Protective Edge, launched on 8 July to end rocket attacks on Israel by Palestinian militants.
At least 23 Palestinians – including three children – have been killed since the ground offensive started, bringing the total death toll to 264 Palestinians.
Gaza health ministry spokesman said a hospital in Beit Lahia, where 400 children were taking shelter, has been shelled by Israeli military.
The Israeli death toll currently stands at two: one soldier and one civilian.