Cesc Fabregas
Cesc Fabregas is ready for the visit to Villa Park.Getty Images

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed Cesc Fabregas is set to return to action for the visit to Aston Villa on Saturday 7 February but left-back Filipe Luis will miss the game.

The Spanish midfielder suffered a hamstring injury in the second leg of the Capital Cup semi-finals against Liverpool on 27 January.

The Catalan consequently missed the crucial 1-1 draw against Manchester City last weekend and some reports earlier this week claimed he was expected to be out for the trip to Villa Park.

However, Mourinho said that Fabregas is now available for selection while Filipe is the only injured player in the squad, after the left back also picked a knock during the game against the Merseysiders.

Nevertheless, Mourinho is still missing Diego Costa after the Premier League's top scorer was charged by the FA with violent conduct for an alleged stamp on Emre Can in that game.

"Filipe is injured, and the player who's suspended is suspended. Everybody [else] is fit]," Mourinho said during the press conference ahead of the game.

Meanwhile when asked whether Costa's ban was the reason behind his silence before and after the City game last week, Mourinho replied: "Partly."

"(I didn't speak) because if you want you can make a silence very noisy. You know the reason for my silence so it depends on you. If I was a journalist I could make lots of words. So it depends on you."

Questioned about Costa's ban, he added: "I don't reflect."

I don't reflect, because maybe I'm punished to reflect, so I don't think about it, because maybe they can read my reflection."