Ever since Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) source code was released developers have been porting the software to a plethora of devices. Now LG's Optimus GT540 receives Jelly Bean ROM with CyanogenMod (CM) 10. Project JellyBeanSwift has been released by XDA Recognised Contributor miroslav_mm. Until now, the Optimus GT540 ran various versions of Android operating system such as Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).
The things that are reportedly working include audio, overclocking, live wallpapers, sound and mic, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, USB mass storage device, GPS and more. However, a few things not working include camera, FM Radio, H/W decoders and encoders.
Look at the steps below to install Project JellyBeanSwift on LG Optimus GT540. IBTimes UK advises users there is a risk of data damage and advises interested users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences. We advise users to make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
Requirements: The method is compatible with LG Optimus having the model number GT540. Check the build number by heading to Settings > About phone. Finally, ensure that your device is running ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
- Download the latest build from the official thread on xda-developers forum
- Without extracting copy both downloaded file to the internal SDcard
- Turn off the device and then boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Home and Power buttons. To scroll up and down use the Volume buttons and to select any option select Power button
- Perform a Nandroid back-up. To do so go to Backup and Restore > Select Backup on the next screen. Go back to main recovery menu after completing the back-up
- Choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and choose "Yes" to confirm wiping
- After wiping, select Install Zip from SD card. Scroll to ROM file and select it and then choose "Yes" to confirm installation. The ROM will begin installing.
- After the installation, choose go back and then select reboot system now in order to reboot the device into Project JellyBeanSwift ROM.
Project JellyBeanSwift ROM based on Jelly Bean is now installed on your LG Optimus GT540.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]