LG Optimus One P500 that runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) will have an opportunity to get a taste of the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system. Popdog123, a senior member on xda-developers forum, has ported the Oxygen ROM on Optimus One P500.
The developer claims that the ROM is a "highly optimised AOSP" ROM. It includes an OTA update app that will allow users to obtain new update when released. However, the users' devices will require internet connectivity, Google Account for push notifications and custom recovery.
IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and reiterate we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Please keep in mind that the ROM as well as the instructions below are compatible only with the LG Optimus One P500 model. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device.
- You can manually check the model by heading to Settings > About phone.
- The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps.IBTimes UK advises users to make a back-up of all data including APN settings before the installation.
- Ensure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed in your device. (preferably version 220.127.116.11).
How to install Oxygen ROM on LG Optimus One P500:
- Download Oxygen 3 (ICS) ROM from here
- Copy the downloaded ROM file to your device's SD card
- Boot the device into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons. In Recovery, use Volume key to scroll up/down and Power button to select options
- Perform a Nandroid back-up of existing ROM by choosing Backup and Restore and then choose Backup
- Choose Wipe data/ factory reset and then confirm wiping by pressing "Yes"
- Choose Install Zip from sdcard and then select Choose Zip from sdcard. Now, navigate to ROM file and select it
- Choose go back and then select Reboot system now to boot the device into Oxygen ROM
Your LG Optimus One P500 is now running on ICS with the help of Oxygen ROM.
[Information Courtesy: Android Authority]