Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has spoken about the European champions' reported interest in Liverpool striker Luis Suarez by labelling the Uruguay international as a "fantastic player".
Reports in Spain claim Ancelotti has sanctioned a move for the Professional Footballers' Association Players' Player of the Year and Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year, who scored 31 goals in the Premier League last term.
After last summer's much-reported interest in Suarez ended with the 27-year-old remaining with the Reds and Real instead signing Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur for a world-record fee, Ancelotti's praise is the first indication the club are renewing their interest in the forward.
"It is difficult to improve what we have in attack," he told reporters. "Luis Suarez is a fantastic player, but it is disrespectful to talk about a transfer now. We're in no rush and we don't need to bring in a lot of players. We have until August 31."
President Florentino Perez's insatiable appetite to make marque additions at the Bernabeu every summer, which often forces the club to break the bank to sign players, means Liverpool are vulnerable to a big-money bid from the 10-times champions of Europe.
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy recouped a world-record £85m for Bale last summer and Real's reported desire to sign Suarez could mean Liverpool's resolve will be tested in the current window.
After making public his desire to leave Liverpool in two consecutive summers without success, Suarez signed a new contract in December, keeping him at Anfield until 2018, to seemingly end speculation over his future.
However, reports from Spain have again sparked into life concerns over Suarez's future in the Premier League, though when questioned over his future earlier this month he rejected those rumours.
"My head now is focused on the World Cup," he said. "I had a very good season with Liverpool but now I am focused on the World Cup. Everyone knows that there is always too much media speculation."