Lukas Podolski says he will consider his Arsenal future in the winter and claims he's not satisfied with the situation at the Emirates.
The German international had earlier admitted that he will leave the north London club in search of first-team football. The Gunners have suffered an injury crisis with Olivier Giroud, Yaya Sanogo, Theo Walcott and now Mesut Ozil all sidelined with injury.
Despite the lack of options in the attacking division, Arsene Wenger has started Podolski only once in all competitions this season, which came during the 2-1 defeat to Southampton in the Capital One Cup.
"Definitely, I cannot be satisfied with the situation I am in at Arsenal. I have not been in negotiations with other clubs, nor have I told Arsenal that I am looking to leave," Podolski explained.
"I have just said how the situation is for me. I am under contract at Arsenal and I am unable to say, 'I am off'. I am going to think things over soon as it's going to be winter time."
However, Germany's director of football Oliver Bierhof has urged Podolski to take precautionary measures before considering any decision over his future.
"I would advise him to carefully consider his situation with his club, to have a chat with the manager too. He needs to find the best solution, one he really enjoys," Bierhof said.
With Podolski's latest comments, Wenger will be forced to enter the market in signing an attacking player in the mid-season transfer window. However, injuries to several first team players may force the Frenchman to give the forward a chance to shine.
Meanwhile, Arsenal have several of their first team players on the treatment table. The Gunners suffered a second blow in two days after Laurent Koscielny was withdrawn from the France squad on Thursday.
The centre-back was suffering from long-term Achilles injury, which forced him to be omitted from his national side's double-header against Portugal and Armenia. It is still not confirmed how long Koscielny will be out of action.