It seems that the Lumia 735 will finally be launched in the US under Verizon's branding as the device has been spotted at the FCC.
The USP of the Lumia 735 (once released under Verizon contract) is not the Verizon subscription, but the Microsoft Lumia branding.
Another important aspect of Lumia 735 is that the smartphone is listed as eligible to receive Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system when the firmware begins the official rollout later in 2015.
According to a PhoneArena report, that in turn quotes an American Federal Communications Commission (FCC) filing, Lumia 735 could be launched with Verizon branding in the US, going by the fact that multiple images of the purported smartphone have surfaced via the FCC filing.
In the image (pictured in the PhoneArena report), both the Microsoft and Verizon branding are clearly visible on the handset which PhoneArena believes to be the Lumia 735.
Lumia 735 (with the old Nokia Lumia branding) is available for purchase globally. This device is the international variant of Lumia 735 which incorporates the following key technical specifications:
- 4.7in OLED display; enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Windows Phone 8.1 operating system out of the box; eligible to receive Windows 10 OS update.
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU over a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC.
- 6.7MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 128GB
- 4GLTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2200 mAh Li-Ion battery providing claimed talktime of up to 17 hours on 3G.