Manchester United manager David Moyes has insisted that there will be new arrivals before the end of the transfer window but has refused to comment on whether there would be an improved offer for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.
The Premier League champions have endured a disappointing summer as they have failed with bids for Everton's Leighton Baines and former Arsenal star Fabregas. Uruguayan defender Guillermo Valera has been the only new arrival and it remains to be seen whether he will be involved in the first team next season.
While United have struggled to bring players to the club they have also faced plenty of speculation over the future of Wayne Rooney who has been the subject of two bids from Chelsea.
However, Moyes remains focused on bringing new players to Old Trafford and is confident that deals will be struck before the end of the month.
"I do think we'll be bringing players in before the window shuts. They will come," Moyes told reporters after Manchester United drew 1-1 with AIK Stockholm on Tuesday night.
"We're moving along but if you said, 'Is anything close?', I couldn't give you an answer. I'm relaxed, we've got a squad here and it's the same group of players that won the Premier League last year. You can never tell until the season starts but we are looking forward to it."
Moyes was then quizzed on whether Manchester United would make a fresh bid for Fabregas, saying: "I can't really say anything about that. We will sign some players before the end of the window."
While United have struggled to complete deals for players this summer they have seen title contenders Manchester City and Chelsea both heavily strengthen.
All three clubs have new managers at the helm and while Manuel Pellegrini and Jose Mourinho have quickly put their stamp on their respective clubs, Moyes has yet to make any significant changes to his squad with just over two weeks until the Premier League season gets underway.