Manchester United are yet to make a decision regarding on-loan striker Radamel Falcao's future, according to AS Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev.
Louis van Gaal signed the Colombian striker on a season-long loan deal from the Ligue 1 club with the option of making the move permanent at the end of the current campaign.
But the striker has struggled for form and fitness the entire season and has failed to replicate the form he showed in previous clubs Atletico Madrid and Porto. He has scored just four goals in 24 appearances for the Old Trafford club, making it very unlikely that United will take up the option of making the move permanent.
However, the Dutch manager had revealed last month that he was yet to talk with Falcao regarding his future and now Monaco's vice-president has confirmed that the Red Devils will wait until the end of the season to make a decision regarding the striker's future.
"I met the Manchester officials last Sunday. They have not decided if they would exercise the option," Vasilev said, as quoted by the Manchester Evening News.
"It has not been his best season, but they will decide at the season. The decision lies with Manchester and then we will discuss with the player to know what he wants," the Principality club's vice-president added.
Meanwhile, Van Gaal has been left frustrated in recent weeks due to United's poor form, which has seen them suffer three consecutive defeats against Chelsea, Everton and most recently at home to West Bromwich Albion.
The former Bayern Munich manager is concerned about the lack of goals, as his team failed to score even a single goal during their three defeats and the manager is hoping one of Falcao, Wayne Rooney or Robin van Persie can step up and end the drought.
"I'm missing a striker that scores and any striker who scores – if it's (Robin) van Persie or (Radamel) Falcao or Wayne Rooney who scores the goal - I'm very happy and the team is very happy," Van Gaal said, as quoted by the London Evening Standard.