Mario Balotelli has taken aim at critics by brandishing a shotgun at a camera in a snap too hot for Instagram.
The social media website owned by Facebook pulled down the photograph in which viewers stare down the barrel of a firearm brandished by the maverick Italian striker.
He added a caption to the picture designed to send a chill down the spines of critics of his World Cup displays.
It read "Big kiss to all the haters."
Italian media has been blaming Balotelli for the team's poor showing in Brazil, where the Azzuri were dumped out in the group stages of the competition.
Italy boss Cesare Prandelli singled out the AC Milan striker by calling it a "mistake" to select him.
- Mario Balotelli's Premier League Return Collapses After World Cup Failure
- Mario Balotelli: Arsenal And Liverpool Target's 11 Maddest Moments
- Liverpool Make Mario Balotelli Top Target if Luis Suarez Leaves for Barcelona
- Mario Balotelli Yet to Achieve Extraordinary Things in Football, says Fabio Cannavaro
- Arsenal Encouraged as Mino Raiola Reveals 'Sad and Desperate' Mario Balotelli Could Leave Milan