A stable build of MIUI ROM version 126.96.36.199 featuring version number MXDCNDB is available for Mi 4 and Mi 3 users. The MIUI version, which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, is a Chinese build.
This release addresses a few issues including the one wherein Cortana was being deleted after an update and could not be installed again from the App Store Themes. It also fixes issues where an error occurs with the customised themes after they have been shared with others. You might check with the Updater app to know more about the detailed changelog. The download links for MIUI ROM 188.8.131.52 is available as recovery as well as fastboot.
Check out the following guide if you are looking for methods to update your Mi 4 or Mi 3 phone manually. Below are two methods; via recovery or fastboot update. You might choose either of the methods.
How to install MIUI ROM 184.108.40.206via recovery update
- Download the latest MIUI ROM and rename it to update.zip on your PC
- Connect your phone to Windows PC/laptop via USB cable then copy the downloaded ROM file into the root directory of the internal storage of the phone
- Place the phone into recovery mode. There are two methods of doing so
- Launch the Updater app on your phone and click the '.....' icon at the top-right corner and select Reboot to Recovery mode
- Alternatively, turn off the phone and hold Volume Up and Power buttons together at the same time to enter recovery mode
Once in recovery mode, choose the language you want to use, select Install update.zip to System One and confirm. Your phone will now begin updating automatically. Wait for some time until the update is completed then choose Reboot to System One. Your phone should now boot into the new version of the MIUI ROM.
How to install MIUI ROM 220.127.116.11 via fastboot update
- Download MIUI ROM flashing tool. IN case your phone is locked, click here to unlock it
- Download MIUI ROM
- Switch off the phone. Press Volume down and Power buttons together to enter Fastboot mode. Now connect the phone to your PC using USB cable
- Double click the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the folder for the decompressed ROM pack and copy its path on the computer
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool and double click on it to install. When the installation completes, open MiFlash.exe and paste into the address bar the ROM folder path
- Click the first button to Refresh and MiFlash should automatically recognise the device. Then click the second button (circled in red) to flash the ROM
- Wait for some time until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns green indicating the ROM installation is successful
Your phone will now automatically boot into the new version. Head over to MIUI forum to know more about MIUI ROM 7.2.8.