Mo Farah claims he is happy to make the results of his anti-doping blood tests public to reinforce the fact that he is a clean athlete amid the scandal currently casting a shadow over athletics before the upcoming 2015 World Championships in Beijing.
The Sunday Times and German broadcaster ARD rocked the foundation of the sport earlier in August after obtaining 12,000 blood tests from 5,000 athletes over an 11-year period that appeared to suggest that 55 gold medals at Olympic Games and World Championships between 2001-12 had been won by competitors who returned suspicious results that were not followed up.
International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) presidential hopeful Sebastian Coe subsequently described such allegations as a 'declaration of war' on the sport, although further uncertainty has been caused by new claims from The Sunday Times that the London Marathon has been won seven times in the last 12 years by athletes with suspicious blood scores.
Farah, who recorded no abnormal results, has already had to contend with harmful allegations surrounding coach Alberto Salazar and Nike Oregon Project stablemate Galen Rupp so far this summer and says he is content to do what is necessary to prove beyond doubt that he is indeed competing clean.
"The decision to release my results is a personal one," Farah said in the Sunday Times, as relayed by Sky Sports. "I've always said that I'm happy to do what it takes to prove I'm a clean athlete.
"It's sad that these allegations have been made at all because they bring down the sport I love, where most of the athletes don't break the rules and work really hard to achieve what they do.
"As someone who is tested all the time, I understand that it's a big job for the authorities to do but it's an important one as everyone - including athletes - needs to be confident that our sport is clean and fair. "It is good to see the organisations investigating and I hope they can quickly get to the bottom of it."